STEP 1: SELECT
- Select and reserve an available site.
- Select your house design — our friendly sales manager will guide you through our range of floor plans, designs and inclusions.
- Select your home’s internal finishes either a Classic or Deluxe package.
- You will receive a copy of the site agreement and home purchase agreement. You have 20 days to read these and seek independent advice.
- Sign a simple contract of sale and pay a $2,000 (non-refundable) deposit.
STEP 2: SELL
- Engage your real estate agent to understand the value of your home and finalise a marketing plan. Under normal circumstances we will build your home in 5 months from the completion of your selections and signing of the agreements with us. Place your home on the market and aim to settle the sale of your property in line with the completion timing of your new home.
STEP 3: INSPECT
- Inspect the completed site works — water, sewerage, electrical, gas, NBN and plumbing.
- Inspect your completed home and outside areas.
- Sign the inspection and condition report.
STEP 4: SETTLE
- Pay the final settlement balance.
STEP 5: RELAX
- Collect your keys, move in and enjoy your brand new home in Lucas’ favourite Lifestyle Estate Community.
Yes, at Lucas Lifestyle Estate you own your home, live independently, and you have a lifetime licence to occupy the land on which your home sits.
One of the reasons that homes at Lucas Lifestyle Estate are affordable is that we separate the ownership of the land from the ownership of the home. In this way you are not paying for ownership of the land, which frees up your money to do other things.
When you buy a home at Lucas Lifestyle Estate you enter into a lifetime licence to occupy the land on which your home is situated, and your lease is paid via a site fee each month. The secure lease gives you an exclusive right to occupy the land and to use and enjoy the facilities.
Yes, the estate is surrounded by a fence and there is access via a gate activated by a remote control given to all residents.
Your home is surrounded by fencing and has a private back yard.
Yes, there are five designs to choose from. You select the floor plan, size, finishes and inclusion package that best suit your lifestyle and budget.
All homes include built in wardrobes, kitchens with stainless steel appliances, and floor coverings throughout. Homes are decorated throughout according to our classic or deluxe interior package that covers colours, finishes and inclusions. A reverse cycle air conditioner is also included.
Outside, the price includes landscaping in front of your home, fencing, paths, clothesline and carport with security roller door. Homes are also initially treated for pests and termites.
No, there are no stamp duty or search fees payable when you buy or sell your home at Lucas Lifestyle Estate.
The site fee gives you the right to occupy the land where your home is situated for your life and is used to pay the costs of running the community including the following:
- – Estate staff
- – Maintenance of common garden and other shared areas
- – Maintenance and running costs of the Clubhouse and other common facilities.
Under the agreement, the weekly site fee is payable a month in advance by direct debit each month. Prices vary depending on your circumstances.
For more information, contact our friendly team for the most current rate schedule.
No, there are no body corporate fees or council rates at Lucas Lifestyle Estate.
You pay for water access, sewer access and water consumption. We pay for your initial gas and electricity connection; you pay for the usage and any access charges. You pay for your own phone/internet connection and costs. You must insure your home against property damage including fire, storm, earthquake and public liability insurance for $20,000,000 for any one event.
We also recommend that you take out your own contents insurance.
The exit fee is capped at 10% over a period of three years and is payable when you leave.
The reason that we charge an exit fee is for the ongoing upkeep of the facilities to keep them at the highest standard so all residents can benefit and enjoy them.
When you compare these charges with retirement estates in the area you will find that Lucas Lifestyle Estate is a very affordable option.
The Clubhouse includes a resident lounge with TVs and a fireplace, bar, billiard table, cinema, kitchen, gym and library which can be used for a range of activities including meetings, craft and exercise classes.
Future community facilities will include a bowling green, swimming pool and community workshop.
These spaces will also be available for your own private events and celebrations.
We know that pets are part of your family and well behaved pets are very welcome. There are some common sense rules to follow, as we are conscious that we need to respect the rights of all home owners at Lucas Lifestyle Estate, including those without pets.
All of the services you need including doctors, dentists, a pharmacy, Medicare and other Government services are located within close proximity to the community in the Lucas Town Centre.
There is a brand new Woolworths supermarket, Wilson’s Fruit and Veg, Ballarat Community Health, Bakers Delight, Lucas Town Café, hair salon, flower market, Ballarat Family Dental and McDonalds plus more, conveniently located nearby in the Lucas Town Centre.
You are responsible for maintaining your rear garden. We will maintain your front garden.